We promote, allocate funding and assist with the installation and maintenance of Defibrillators in the Community area that we cover as Penkridge and District.
Although our priority is to continually raise funds for our emergency response capability, we do also receive donations specifically for public access defibrillators and training people in their use. Most notably this includes major support from the estate of the late Betty Hartshorne and from friends and family in memory of Bob Ratcliffe. These dedicated donations are the basis for our Community Resuscitation Fund. (P&DRF)
This is helping us ensure the public has access to more life saving AED’s at strategic locations around the area.
We have also used our Community Resuscitation Funds to provide a mobile ‘Community Group AED’ for use by groups at an organised event.
More info HERE
Where are ‘Public Access Defibrillators‘
Click on this map of our district to see the location of the 24/7 Publicly Accessible AED’s along with the location of a few restricted access units.
In the table below, click to see photographic images of the locations.
This map shows approximate locations.
When phoning 999 you will be given a precise position.
- Location 10 – 48 Templars Way near Princefield School (on Garden Wall of private residence on corner of Bartlett Close) 24/7 Public Accessible
- 13 – KRK Motors Ltd – on car sales office wall – 24/7 Public Accessible
- 2 – Haling Dene (at main entrance to building) 24/7 Public Accessible
- 3 – Monkton Recreation Centre (on wall of main building) 24/7 Public Accessible
- 4 – Pencric Residential Home (in Porch Entrance) 24/7 Public Accessible
- 5 – The Star Pub (on front wall) 24/7 Public Accessible
- 18 – Pillaton Hall Farm Entrance ///clock.signs.engulfing
- 9 – Penkridge Middle School (on gate post at entrance gates) 24/7 Public Accessible
- 12 – Penkridge Scouts Hut, Goods Station Lane (at end of driveway) 24/7 Public Accessible
- 14 – Penkridge Fire Station (on wall at side of entrance) 24/7 Public Accessible
- Location 7 – 21 St Modwena Way (on garage wall of private residence) 24/7 Public Accessible
- The Swan Pub (on pub outbuildings in car park ) 24/7 Public Acccessible
- Dunston Village Hall (front of building) 24/7 Public Accessible
- Huntington Community Centre (front of building) 24/7 Public Accessible
- South Staffs Sailing Club (front of clubhouse) 24/7 Public Accessible
- 6 – Penkridge Cricket Club (on wall of club house) 24/7 Public Accessible
- 1 – Stone Cross (on A449 in centre of Penkridge behind the bus stop on wall of TFM) 24/7 Public Accessible
These locations are available to the community due to the generosity of residents, businesses and community groups. The running costs of the cabinets to keep them lit and heated is very much appreciated.
We are constantly striving to add more AED’s and get coverage of all areas so that an AED is within easy reach of an Incident that requires one.
Without effective CPR and defibrillation, the chance of surviving a cardiac arrest drops by 10% every minute, so the need for a nearby AED location is critical to ensure it is accessible in the shortest time possible.
|Location Description||Funded by||Link to Photograph|
(in centre of Penkridge behind the bus stop on wall of TFM)
|Stone Cross (1)|
Stone Cross (2)
(next to front entrance)
West Midlands Ambulance Service (WMAS)
|3||Monckton Recreation Centre|
(on front of clubhouse)
|Monckton Recreation Centre|
(in porch entrance)
(on front wall of pub)
Customers (The Star)
Penkridge Round Table
|6||Penkridge Cricket Club|
(On external wall of CC clubhouse)
|7||21 St Modwena Way|
(on garden wall of private dwelling)
|9||Penkridge Middle School|
(On school gate pillar)
|10||48 Templars Way / Barlett Close|
(on garden wall of private dwelling)
|11||The Swan Pub, Whiston|
(on external outbuilding of pub)
Customers of The Swan
|12||Scout Hut, Goods Station Lane|
(at drive entrance)
|13||KRK Motors Ltd, A449|
(on office wall)
|14||Fire Station, Boscomoor Lane|
(on front of station)
|Staffs County Councillors|
|15||Dunston Village Hall|
|Dunston Parish Council||Dunston (1)|
|16||Huntington Community Centre||WMAS|
|Hunt CC (1)|
Hunt CC (2)
|17||South Staffs Sailing Club|
(on external wall of clubhouse)
|18||Pillaton Hall Farm Entrance|
|19||Pillaton Hall Camping Site|
(on campsite – available when site open)