Steve is probably one of our more well-known members in the area as a result of his responder activities and regular periods of stand-by in the village centre.
Since Steve qualified as an intermediate responder in 2010 he has become a great asset to our team and the local community as he provides regular cover in the later part of weekday evenings which is a particularly busy time for the ambulance service.
In 2015 Steve was awarded a WMAS Chief Officers Commendation for his help at a number of particularly difficult incidents.
Running his own business repairing and maintaining fork-lift trucks means Steve has many valuable vehicle mechanics skills useful in helping keep our car safe on the road.
• Intermediate Community First Responder
• IHCD First Person on Scene (Intermediate)
• First Aid at Work qualified
• Member Institute of Advanced Motorists (Commercial)
• EDI Approved Emergency Response Driver
• HGV Class 1 Driver